Summer is a season that we all love to spend our vacations in, isn’t it?
Like us, pests also love to roam around during the summer. When we come back home after a long summer vacation, there will be no doubt that we will be welcomed by these pesky pests.
So before pests take over our home, let’s see how to keep the bugs away.
What causes pest infestations in the summer?
As summer is very warm, many pests consider this an apt month for their infestation. Pests are forced to awaken from their deep winter slumber as the temperature begins to rise. In search of food, pests ultimately reach your home.
Therefore, it is your responsibility to keep your home and surroundings neat and clean. Otherwise, pests will screw it up.
Mosquitoes: Usually found near areas of standing water like kiddie pools and puddles.
Ticks: Ticks are blood-sucking creatures that we should avoid during the summer. Its bites are very harmful and painful.
Bees: Bees are also a very common sight during summer, and you need to remove the beehive with precaution.
Termites: If unnoticed, termites will ramp up their numbers throughout the summer and can infest your property, which leads to extensive structural damage.
Flies: Flies are another annoying creature that we come across during the summer. Controlling the spread of flies is also very important.
Stinging insects like wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets: These are more active during the late summer. Also, their stinging bites are painful and dangerous. Better prevent such stinging insects as soon as they break into our homes.
Ants: Ants are usually ignored. As many of them don’t bite, it is important to take care of them quickly.
The above-mentioned pests are the most common ones found in the summer.
How to keep away summer pests
When summer approaches, pests become more active. There are so many ways to control pest problems in the summer. The following are the top 7 tips to blow pests out of the water.
Let’s dive in.
- Seal up any crevices or gaps: Usually pests find an easy way through these unnecessary holes in windows or screen doors. Seal up these entry points or replace the material to block their way.
- Do not always open doors and windows: Ensure that you are closing doors or any windows without screens. Because if there are holes in the screen, pests will be given an easy route in.
- Keep your home clean and tidy: Try to pick up any food spills on the floor, and don’t leave food or garbage out. Otherwise, ants and flies will quickly congregate around decomposing garbage. Also, don’t ignore pet food bowls. Clean the bowls thoroughly between feedings.
- Groom your yard: Certain pests like ticks and mosquitoes love to breed in lawns if those are treated badly. Poor lawn care results in mosquito breeding and tick growth. Therefore, mow the lawn regularly.
- Inspect wooden components: As termites love to dwell in wooden structures, it is better to check all the wooden items in your home. If you notice any deterioration, damage, warped surfaces, or peeling paint, then reach out to a professional pest control service immediately.
- Look for hives: Hives are usually the abode of stinging insects like wasps or bees. These are more likely to be found in house eaves and beneath decks. Remove such hives as soon as you see them with the help of a professional pest control service.
- Contact a professional pest control service: Last but not least, contact a professional pest control agency soon. Although we take all the necessary precautions, pests might trick you into letting them into your home. As soon as you discover its presence, you better hire a local pest control expert to remove those unwanted guests.
Pestokill: A one-stop solution for all your pest problems
How do you barricade the growth of unwanted pests? Leave your fear behind; Pestokill will find the solution. Pestokill, the best pest control companies in Ajman, provides professional, result-oriented services to its customers. More than 2,000 customers have found their service helpful. Pestokill is also successfully running in Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain.
Pest control service in Sharjah is worth mentioning because it provides eco-friendly services.