We see lizards as uninvited guests who make their way into our home or even our backyard. Usually, this little dragon is seen on the walls and is constantly in search of its next meal.
Flies and mosquitoes are their common foods. Lizards also feed on blood-sucking and germy vector carriers. Even though household lizards are not venomous, they do leave hazardous germs behind.
Another interesting fact about lizards is that they have regenerative capabilities. You can check this when you try to catch lizards; they purposefully drop their tail.
This is the lizard’s tactic to fool its predators, just to make them understand that they should not grab lizards while trying to kill them.
If you’re fed up with frequent trespassing by lizards In your home or yard, then this blog is for you. After reading this blog piece, you will be left wondering about our effective lizard control products and expert advice.
Are you ready? Let’s dive in.
Some curious facts about lizards
One thing to note before you carry out control measures is that it is crucial to first identify and confirm that you are dealing with a lizard.
Lizards belong to the reptile family and have over 5,000 different species found in every area of the world except Antarctica.
- In terms of their physical appearance, lizards have dry skin with a scaly surface. The body is soft. Eyelids are movable and bulgy. Lizards have small necks and long tails that they can shed from their bodies to escape predators.
- Lizards are quick in their actions. This can be seen when they catch insects such as flies, mosquitoes, ants, beetles, grasshoppers, and spiders with their sticky tongue. Their hiding places are dark places like cupboards, wardrobes, furniture, etc.
- Although lizards are active throughout the year, they are more likely to enter buildings in the winter in search of shelter, heat, and food sources.
- Lizards can get into your home through pipes, vents, windows, and foundation cracks. Its infestations usually begin in insect-prone areas like kitchens and bathrooms.
Why are Lizards coming to your home?
You spot the Lizards, right? Then it’s time to take action. Before that, let’s examine what makes lizards enter your home. In this inspection phase, you will identify where the lizards are roaming around and what may be attracting them to your home.
Nevertheless, it’s not fair to put too much blame on lizards. Lizards are useful to us in many ways. Guess how? They like to feed on bugs, which we wouldn’t want in the house.
But, in some cases, we don’t want to see lizards, for example, chilling on dresses when opening dress shelves or inside the fridge. How terrible is it? Once they enter, it is impossible to get rid of these creatures.
Have you ever tried to catch these naughty lizards? If so, you are fed up with that. Lizards usually prefer to be hidden. That’s why they move quickly. We can also hear their little squeaky movements when they crawl over the ceilings.
Warm, humid areas mark their presence. There is another way to spot its presence, just by locating lizard droppings, which look like a small pellet with a white ball at the end.
What kills lizards instantly?
Bifen LP Granules kill lizards within a blink of an eye. Many use Supreme IT insecticides to eliminate lizards and other pests due to their repellent qualities.
But depending too much on such insecticides only makes the situation worse. What we need is a scientific and environmentally friendly approach.
How to keep lizards away from our sight: Some Tips that you should try
To get rid of lizards, the first thing you should do is reduce the insect population around your home. If your house is already infested, then try these preventative methods to get peace of mind.
- Do not unnecessarily open doors. If you leave your doors open for a long time, they will welcome lizards, and the mess will start!
- Cover your doors and windows with mosquito nets or other types of nets.
- Always check whether food is closed or not, as open food attracts lizards and other flies.
- Pour cold, icy water on the lizards. Lizards fear cold water, and when they feel it, there are chances they will not come back to your house again.
- Keep the space in an apple pie order. Lizards are too shy to appear in a clean spot.
- If you suddenly meet a lizard, don’t panic. Instead, search for a rolled-up magazine, newspaper, or roll and use those to wipe them gently. Be careful to push them out of your house without hurting them.
- Place empty eggshells around your home. Many people use eggshells as a lizard repellent. The smell of the egg is thought to keep the lizards at bay. Interesting, right?
Avoid useless DIY practices; Connect with professional exterminators
Professional pest control agencies always come up with 100% guaranteed solutions. The casual hit-and-miss method or any DIY process will no longer be effective in getting rid of Lizards. Although this approach may be cheap, it will cost your family dearly.
You could be exposing your business to dangerous diseases just to save a few rupees. So, try our professional pest control service to keep lizards out of your home or business. Pestokill is the pick of the bunch for getting rid of these unwanted lizards. This is one of the top pest control agencies in the UAE that provides efficient and fruitful lizard control services in a timely manner.