What is the first thing you check before going to sleep in your bed each night? Hope it will be bed bugs.
If you fail to do so, you will contract diseases since bed bugs are tiny zombies.
Although bed bugs are very common, it is very difficult to identify them with our naked eyes.
This is often a herculean task, isn’t it?
However, we cannot compromise our health. An ounce of prevention is better than a cup of cure. So those bed bugs should be nipped in the bud before they invade our sleep.
Do you know that one out of five men has had a bed bug infestation in their home or knows someone who has experienced bed bugs either at home or in a hotel?
Have you ever been tired of bed bug infestations in your home? If your answer is a big fat YES, then there is only one place to go and you are already here.
In this article, we’ll share a few of our top tips for getting rid of bed bugs at the earliest.
Ready to dive in? Let’s start.
Bed Bugs: A Quick Glance
Bed bugs (scientific name: Cimex lectularius) are tiny, flat, invasive bloodsuckers. These pests suck blood from sleeping people and animals.
Bed bugs are reddish-brownish and are oval-shaped creatures measuring 1 mm to 7 mm in length, a pencil eraser length.
A healthy female bed bug can lay up to 500 eggs in her lifetime, and you can wind up with a serious infestation within a few weeks. Each of the eggs is about the size of a speck of dust, over a lifetime.
An adult bedbug is flat and is about the size of an apple seed. They will swell only after we have fed them enough blood.
What a surprising fact!
Adult bed bugs can be found, particularly in mattress seams and box springs. But it is impossible to spot bed bug nymphs as they are smaller in size and paler in color.
Immature bed bugs are often called nymphs and shed their skins five times before reaching maturity, and they need a meal of blood before each shed. They are also a nuisance even if they do not transmit diseases.
More About Bed bugs
|Unfed adults – mahogany|
swollen bed bugs – reddish-brown.
Nymphs – colorless.
|6||2||Adults -1/4 inch long |
Nymphs -1.3 to 4-5 mm.
|Unfed bed bugs – flat, broad, and oval|
Fed bed bugs- swollen and elongated
Wondering whether bed bugs can fly?
Bed bugs may move swiftly over floors, walls, and ceilings despite the fact that they cannot fly.
Even if the bed bugs are smaller than a pencil eraser, these smart and tough bugs reproduce quickly within the blink of an eye. Moreover, these crooked pests know where to hide to avoid detection and can live for months between meals.
It’s not a surprising fact that these tiny bloodsuckers can cause a lot of trouble in your home. Therefore, it’s better to get rid of them as soon as possible before they leave red and itchy welts all over your body.
What Attracts Bed Bugs to Your Home?
- Purchasing used furniture: When going to the furniture store, keep in mind whether you want to buy new or used furniture. Although it seems ridiculous, some people have been cheated by shop owners. If you see any bed bugs in any of the furniture sets, then it is better to refrain from buying them.
- Contamination from a hotel, resort, or hostel: Bed bugs may get into your clothing or luggage from the recent hotel you stayed at and come home with you.
- Staying guests in your home: Guests may come to stay at your home. Along with them, bed bugs will also enter your home without your knowledge.
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation
Never ignore any small reddish-brown fecal spots on mattresses, upholstery, or walls. These spots are indications of bed bug infestation.
Also, whenever you find any bite marks on your arms and legs, think about the possibility of bed bugs under your mattress.
Though these bites can be small, they will swell and become itchy gradually. They are noticeable too.
Another sign is the tiny blood stains on your sheets or pillowcases. We can also identify infestations by seeing bed bug molt skins, their eggs, empty eggshells, or the bugs themselves.
All of these things are visible to the human eye. An offensive musty odor will be spread in your room or around your bed, which some people say reminds them of a “locker room smell.”
So, before jumping into your bed, identify whether bed bugs are hidden or not. Make it a habit to remove all bedding and check it carefully for signs of the bugs or their excrement.
Also, remember to remove the dust cover over the bottom of the box springs and examine the seams in the wood framing.
It is also important to examine the area around the bed, including inside books, telephones, or radios, the edge of the carpet, and even electrical outlets.
Don’t forget to check your closet too, as bedbugs can attach to clothing.
If you are uncertain about signs of bedbugs, contact an expert bed bug exterminator, who will know what to look for.
How to evict bed bugs completely from your home: Follow these 5 simple steps
Well, after learning about the risk factors of having bed bugs in your home, let’s know how to expel those tiny bloodsuckers now!
Beat the hell out of bed bugs with this handful of intelligent tactics.
Hope these tips can make you grin in wonderment.
So, without wasting any seconds, let’s dive in!
- Remove bedbugs and their eggs from the mattress by scrubbing them with a stiff brush. Vacuum and steam-clean your floors, mattresses, furniture, beds, surrounding areas, and appliances frequently.
Don’t forget to immediately place the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and place it in a garbage can outdoors after vacuuming.
- Launder your linens, drapes, bedding, curtains, and clothing in hot water using the hottest settings of your washing machine and dryer. Also, place the non-washable stuffed animals, shoes, and other items in the dryer and run it on high for 30 minutes.
Repair cracks in plaster and encase mattresses and box springs with a tightly woven, zippered cover to get rid of places bed bugs can hide, to keep bedbugs from entering or escaping. Remove clutter around the bed.
Follow the above simple steps and observe whether bed bugs will return or not!
As bedbugs are extremely elusive creatures, even if you’ve wiped them out, you might spot them again. So, you may have to try a few different treatment methods to control the infestation. And, still, if they are not ready to go away, seek the help of a professional exterminator.
Don’t let bedbugs take over your mattresses.
Want to Kick Bed Bugs Out of Your Home?
It is always a wise decision to seek the help of a professional when dealing with bed bug infestations, as bed bugs are hard creatures. According to a recent NPMA survey, bed bugs are the hardest bug to eradicate.
Hence, if you suspect or discover an infestation, never hesitate to contact a licensed professional to address the issue.
Contact Pestokill, the Best Pest Control Agency
The most reliable and most effective way to get rid of bed bugs is to hire a professional exterminator, like the Pestokill pest control agency in the UAE. Pestokill has the best bed bug management service compared to others.
Our expert bedbug management team comes up with a well-structured plan after evaluating the extent of your bed bug infestation.
On top of that, our pest-control methods are nature-friendly and good enough to remove all bugs and restore the peace and tranquility of your home.
- Residential pest control service: Maintaining hygiene at home is as vital as maintaining cleanliness. Pestokill provides the best quality residential pest control services with non-hazardous techniques.
- Industrial pest control service: Pestokill offers comprehensive and guaranteed pest management services in order to prevent further infestation in industries as industries are seen as pest hubs.
- Institutional pest control service: Experienced training is required to understand many sensitive issues surrounding pest control in institutions like nursing homes or hospitals. Each institution needs a different pest removal strategy. Pestokill provides advanced pest control solutions to evade pests from institutes.
- Commercial pest control service: Besides the above-mentioned services, we also provide commercial pest control services with the right tools to meet your needs. We are licensed and experienced providers with extensive experience in commercial pest control services.
- 2000+ happy customers
- 15+ years experience
- 5000+ projects completed
- 20+ professional team
The Pestokill professional team visits your home twice or thrice before their work. Since we work with highly efficient insecticides, you may have to stay out of the treated rooms for a few hours until the insecticides have fully dried.
Our Modus Operandi
- First and foremost, we inspect the area of bug infection and develop a management plan.
- Next, we deploy a selection of bed bug treatment options, including the following:
1. Heat treatment: Ideal for large infestations in homes or hotels.
2. Steam treatment: Ideal for less extensive infestations and for customers who want a non-toxic solution.
3. Chemical treatment: Effective for minor infestations that require spot treatment.
And Fumigation, if necessary.
- Preventative Options
Besides the above treatments, we also offer extra preventive products like mattress encasements, which will help you to prevent future bed bug infestations. If you combine preventative methods with other methods, it will help keep your house bed bug-free.
Who wants to live with bed bugs?
Luckily, you don’t have to!
Regular inspection for the signs of an infestation is the best way to stop the spread of bed bugs. By doing so, you can nip any bed bugs in the bud before they start to spread.
Contact Pestokill now!